Search this Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

“Weep You No More Sad Fountains…”

I loved the soundtrack of Sense and Sensibility 1995, and when I came across the CD at a jumble sale, I just had to buy it.

Now I don’t usually listen to instrumental music, but this score really touched me. Having listened to it, I understood why Ang Lee’s adaptation stands out from the rest – good music really does arouse various strong feelings in you while you are watching a film.

Patrick Doyle’s orchestrated version perfectly follows the moods of the characters throughout the film, reminding me of the various scenes, whether happy or sad…

 

You can get a taster of all the tracks here.

5 comments:

  1. This is one of my all-time favorite soundtracks. I love it so much, I even purchased easy sheet music for it so I could be just like Marianne at the piano. :)

    Happy listening!
    Kaitlin Saunders
    "A Modern Day Persuasion":Bringing Jane Austen into the 21st century
    http://www.kaitlin-saunders.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kaitlin: I would love to have the music for this, too, and pretend to be Marianne! I couldn't sing as well as Kate Winslet does in the film, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh me either! Believe, I've tried. She's just all around too fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna, how would I go about contacting you for a blog topic proposal? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kaitlin, you can e-mail me at an.bhawan@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to add some valuable comments and feedback!